mission

I will be running to the summit of Mt. Royal 365 times this year, hoping to raise food donations for the Family and Intercultural Resource Center in Dillon, Colorado. I also would like to inspire others to join me on the trail and to help those less fortunate throughout the year.

On top of my year long mission I will be running and representing the Leadville Running Company as a member of their 2013 Ultra Running Team.

Summit Daily News Article regarding the project.

Be sure to follow on Facebook


Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Simple Hydration Bottle review

I spoke with Brian of Simple Hydration Thursday of last week and chatted about his new bottle. After talking running and mountains we both decided that the Simple Bottle would probably be a good fit for my style of running. Brian sent me a few bottles to try, and I became instantly hooked.

 I like to be light and fast, so carrying a 3 liter bladder is just plain annoying. My fuel is usually in the form of energy gels that can fit in my shorts or jacket pockets. Drinking from streams in the mountains of Colorado is just simply easier and more rewarding, so a bottle that is easily filled with a wide opening makes sense. Out here in Colorado if you're running up 14ers and spending long days in the mountains, having your hands free to scramble rock is essential, and so is just general balance on the trails and ridges.

The Simple Bottle is a 13oz bottle with a sport cap that fits easily into shorts or running pants. When I tested the bottle I stuck it in the front of my tights on the climbs and simply moved it to the back running down. Both positions were incredibly comfortable - I hardly even noticed it. One thing I noticed that because it is kept so close to your body - the bottle did not freeze at all. The water stayed as a liquid and the cap wasn't iced over. That is a HUGE benefit for anyone running in a cold climate. I have stopped drinking water numerous times on long runs because I could not get the water out of the bottle or bladder.

The bottle is simple and functional. I love it. I will continue to use it and I highly suggest it to anyone who is tired of holding their bottles or wearing a pack. It is great for ultra distancetrail runners, road runners, marathoners, or 5k runners.

Morning Mt. Royal ascent with my Simple Hydration bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment