mission

I will be running to the summit of Mt. Royal 365 times this year, hoping to raise food donations for the Family and Intercultural Resource Center in Dillon, Colorado. I also would like to inspire others to join me on the trail and to help those less fortunate throughout the year.

On top of my year long mission I will be running and representing the Leadville Running Company as a member of their 2013 Ultra Running Team.

Summit Daily News Article regarding the project.

Be sure to follow on Facebook


Monday, January 28, 2013

1,000 + pounds of food...

So far I have collected over 1,000 pounds of food for donation that I have come directly to me, not counting what people on the trail have said they donated on location at FIRC. On average, an American eats around 5 pounds of food per day. A family of 4 say, 20  pounds of food that day. That means, with everyone's kind donations, we have fed around 50 families.

When I went to the food bank a few weeks ago, it was prosperous. I am not saying I am the reason for this change, but I am super happy and grateful for everyone who has helped and supported the project so far. To see the food bank so full was certainly inspiring.

Keep supporting the food bank as much as you can, and I will keep running up Mt. Royal. Don't be afraid to email me or call me to set up a time to get together to go for a run/hike.

Thanks again friends.

Happy Trails.


No comments:

Post a Comment