mission

I will be running to the summit of Mt. Royal 365 times this year, hoping to raise food donations for the Family and Intercultural Resource Center in Dillon, Colorado. I also would like to inspire others to join me on the trail and to help those less fortunate throughout the year.

On top of my year long mission I will be running and representing the Leadville Running Company as a member of their 2013 Ultra Running Team.

Summit Daily News Article regarding the project.

Be sure to follow on Facebook


Wednesday, October 31, 2012

40 Summits

40 Summit Recap

Well in 42 days, I have reached the top of Mt. Royal 40 times. A lot of food is going to the food bank this week - close to 100 pounds thanks to the donations of Pete and Jodie Lefferts and old rowing/running buddy Efren.

The past few weeks have been filled with tons of running. Lots of volume in the realm of both mileage and vertical, and speed. I have put more 3 hours days in the past 2 weeks than I ever have in my life in such a time span. But I am having SO much fun. The cold, snowy days have been really inspiring and have been able to run/hike with my roomies and Steph a whole lot. I am also proud of my 9 miles per hour pace for some shorter attempts, as well as speedy summits.

Over the past 2 weeks I have met some new friends and supporters on the trail which always keeps my legs moving up the steep, snowy mess that makes up Mt. Royal this time of year.

I put a few races on the schedule with the help of Miles and Donna of the Leadville Running Company. These include the Bandera 100k in January and the Badger Mountain 100 in March. I am excited to race with some of the best and learn as much as I can.

With the winter approaching I look forward to meeting new people, helping the food bank, and running as much as I can. Join me on the trails!

Check out  the Leadville Running Company here!

Also, big thanks to Cliff Bar and Udo's Oil for their support!


No comments:

Post a Comment