mission

I will be running to the summit of Mt. Royal 365 times this year, hoping to raise food donations for the Family and Intercultural Resource Center in Dillon, Colorado. I also would like to inspire others to join me on the trail and to help those less fortunate throughout the year.

On top of my year long mission I will be running and representing the Leadville Running Company as a member of their 2013 Ultra Running Team.

Summit Daily News Article regarding the project.

Be sure to follow on Facebook


Monday, October 8, 2012

The cold is coming...

I have been getting a lot of love and support on the trail from fellow hikers. The positive feedback has certainly inspired me when my legs get tired.

I thank everyone who has donated thus far, and who will continue to support FIRC.

If you would like to get together for a run, don't hesitate to contact me, my email is mikeamb1987@yahoo.com. I would love to get together with some fellow trail runners.

Sunday: Post two double shifts at work, I needed to spend some time in the hills. I left in the morning (it was 15 degrees) and my I sluggishly stomped up and down the peaks trail for an 1:05 out with I am guessing close to 1k of gain. I turned back and met Steph at the Mt. Royal TH in 1:57. We tagged Mt. Royal (18) and spent some time soaking up much needed sun and wind at the summit. It was still frigid so we headed down and did a little detour through the woods and through town. Finished the run at 3:05

Later in the evening I put up another summit (19) in a peppy fashion, up and down in 48:05. I then spent the night around the campfire by Rainbow Lake with Backcountry Brewery IPA and Ryan and Chris.

Total 3:53, 4k vertical.

Monday: Miners Creek Road to Peaks Trail to Mt. Royal Summit, back down and around through the woods and Frisco for 1:24. 1800 ft vertical

Stay tuned for some sweet pics courtesy of Steph.

Still no moose sightings in quite some time. Frisco is cold. Working doubles is lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment