mission

I will be running to the summit of Mt. Royal 365 times this year, hoping to raise food donations for the Family and Intercultural Resource Center in Dillon, Colorado. I also would like to inspire others to join me on the trail and to help those less fortunate throughout the year.

On top of my year long mission I will be running and representing the Leadville Running Company as a member of their 2013 Ultra Running Team.

Summit Daily News Article regarding the project.

Be sure to follow on Facebook


Tuesday, September 18, 2012

1 down 364 to go...

Stepping out of my house this morning, I almost fell on some ice. You know you live in Colorado when you have ice on your walkway in September.

A cool morning at about 35 degrees with bright sunshine facilitated some great running. I ran through town to the base of Mt. Royal and started the climb, my intention was to tag Mt. Royal on the way down after a summit of Peak 1 (12,805).

Winds were strong and I threw on a windproof shell and gloves as I made my way to the summit. Lots of snow up there which made for some really fun class 3 scrambling to the peak. Tagged Peak 1 and on the way down stopped at Mt. Royal for a gel and some water.

Back to my doorstep in 2:54. Really fun day in the mountains with about 4,000 feet of vertical.

No comments:

Post a Comment