mission

I will be running to the summit of Mt. Royal 365 times this year, hoping to raise food donations for the Family and Intercultural Resource Center in Dillon, Colorado. I also would like to inspire others to join me on the trail and to help those less fortunate throughout the year.

On top of my year long mission I will be running and representing the Leadville Running Company as a member of their 2013 Ultra Running Team.

Summit Daily News Article regarding the project.

Be sure to follow on Facebook


Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sunday, Monday, Summit Daily, Tuesday

I met with Paige from The Summit Daily today (9/25) for an interview on the project, it went super well and I was glad to really talk about the project.

Thanks to Efren Cazales and Amy Newcomb for their added support to FIRC. Both good friends and runners with a philanthropic attitude.

Sunday was laid back, ran to the TH with Steph and I put up an ascent in 32:xx mins. Our plan was to tag Mt. Victoria and Peak 1, but the incoming weather and wind turned us around. We trotted lightly down and home. Good off day that was needed after a hard  welcoming week to the high country.

Monday was a fun day on the trails. Ran with Steph to the TH then I headed up to summit for the 7th time in 32:16. Winds were whipping nicely. Steph caught up and I met her back at the house. I finished off by running the Peaks trail out to the CT/CDT and headed back Miners Creek Road for 1:47 mins today. Cool photo of the cliffs on top of Mt. Royal below.

Tuesday I got up early for a tired leg, slogging to the top of Mt. Royal. I took the peaks trail to the Mt. Royal TH and tagged the summit in 44 minutes (about 26 from the TH).  8th summit. Ill prob rest the remainder of the day as I plan to hit some high peaks later in the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment